Aged & Disabled Medicaid Waiver
AD Medicaid Waiver Program
The AD Medicaid Waiver program is available through the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services to those individuals who qualify. The program provides older adults and adults with physical disabilities options for home and community-based services who would otherwise require long-term care in a nursing facility. This waiver provides an array of services to help adults live at home. A person must have physical and health needs that require nursing facility level of care and must be eligible for Medicaid.
To make a referral contact the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services Division of Developmental Disabilities by:
Email: DHHS.ADWaiverApp@nebraska.gov or
ENOA Services Coordination
Participants and/or their legal representatives are required to select a services coordination provider to be enrolled in the AD Medicaid Waiver program.
ENOA’s highly skilled professional services coordinators provide participant driven comprehensive assessments, care planning and ongoing case management. This participant-centered approach ensures the participant’s choices, preferences and rights are at the forefront of the services participants receive while maintaining their health, welfare and safety.
This waiver allows Medicaid money to be used to purchase services that are not usually considered “medical” such as the following:
- Home care/chore: Includes necessary personal cares, housekeeping activities, meal preparation, essential shopping, and supervision.
- Adult day services: A structured program of activities in a supervised setting outside of the participant’s home which provides for health and social needs.
- Respite care: Temporary relief for the usual caregiver from the stress of providing continuous care.
- Assisted living: An array of support services provided in a home environment.
- Assistive technology & support: Specialized medical equipment and supplies.
- Meal delivery: Provides a meal prepared outside the client’s residence and delivered to the residence.
- Personal emergency response systems: Communication connection system to access emergency help.